The video interview is your chance to tell our program staff and partner schools why you are passionate about teaching in NYC charter schools, how you overcome challenges, and how you will drive students towards high academic achievement. Keep in mind that if you are invited to join our candidate pool, hiring mangers at partner schools will be watching these video interviews, so conduct this interview as if it were in person with a partner school.
There are five questions in the interview, and you will have three minutes of recording time to respond to each questions. The interview will take about 30 minutes to one hour to complete, and you will have up to two attempts to record your response to each question.
You’ll submit your interview through VidCruiter, a free, easy to use, and convenient online system that allows you to interview at any time from the convenience of your computer or mobile device. Through our flexible interview process you can submit your interview at any time, day or night, when it is most convenient for you. No scheduling is required, and you’ll have 5 days from the day you are invited to complete your interview!
Before beginning your video interview, remember to:
- Read all instructions carefully, both in your invitation emails and on the VidCruiter platform
- Update flash and your browser to the latest version
- Test your camera and microphone
- Check your surroundings to ensure there are no distractions or background noises
- Dress professionally
- No need to repeat the question or introduce yourself at the start of each question, as program staff will see your information and the questions when reviewing the video interview
- Take the time to reflect on why you are interested in this opportunity and make notes of your answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to teach your preferred subject area and in NYC charter schools?
- What is your teaching philosophy?
- What are your expectations for students?
- How do you overcome challenges?